PMAP faculty often work with affiliated research centers and publish reports based on their work:
Recent Working Papers
- “The Political Economy of Cutting Budgets.”
- “Cutback Budgeting Revisited.”
- “Dimensions of Legislative Budgetary Control.”
- with Peter Bluestone. “The Decline of Federal Redistributive Policy in the United States.”
Gregory B. Lewis
- “The Friends and Family Plan: Assessing the Impact of Knowing Someone Gay on Support for Gay Rights.”
- “Does Believing Homosexuality Is Innate Lead to Support for Gay Rights?”
- “STEMMING INEQUALITY? Employment and Pay of Female and Minority Scientists and Engineers.” With Seong Soo Oh.
- “Representation of Lesbians and Gay Men in Federal, State, and Local Bureaucracies.” With David W. Pitts.
- “Organizational Dimensions of the Afghan Diaspora in the United States,” chapter in The Role of Diasporas in Developing the Homeland.
Christine H. Roch
- with Robert Howard. “The Diffusion of the Constitution: Emulation and Adoption of State Court Ordered Education Finance Reform.”
- with Nevbahar Ertas. “Charter Schools, Equity, and Student Enrollments: The Role of For-profit Educational Management Organizations.”
- Cynthia Searcy (2008) “Charter School Finance: An Examination of Schools of Choice in Georgia.”
- Cynthia Searcy with Charles Brecher (2008) “School Choice and No Child Left Behind: A Fiscal Analysis of Fie Distressed School Districts.”
William L. Waugh
- Terrorism and Weapons of Mass Destruction, New York, N.Y.: Taylor and Francis, working.
- Emergency Management: A Global Introduction, Armonk, N.Y.: M.E. Sharpe, working.
- (with Kathleen Tierney). Editors. Emergency Management: Principles and Practice for Local Government, 2nd Edition, Washington, D.C.: International City/County Management Association, working.
- (2011). “The State of the States: Governors Aggressively Chip Away.” In Audrey S. Wall, ed. The Book of the States, Vol. 43 (Lexington, KY: Council of State Governments): 117-126.
- with Sarah Arnett (2011). “Performance Budgeting in the American States: What’s Law Got to Do with It?” State and Local Government Review. 43(2): 79-94.
- with Cynthia Searcy (2011). “The Great Recession’s Impact: The City of Atlanta’s Budget.” Municipal Finance Review (Spring) 32(1): 11-32.
- with Bruce Seaman, editors. Nonprofit Economics and Management: The State of Research.